Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Surprising rechargeable cell life

On 01/03/2020 10:45, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote :
*If you get 18 months out of one then you are doing well, and in the
old ones you could remove the old ones as a pack, and get a new set,
most nowadays seem to suggest you break the shaver to remove the
batteries to recycle then buy a new Shaver, you listening Remington?

I have a 12 year old Philishave and a 3 year old Lidl shaver, both used
only very occasionally, Philishave in the house, Lidl in the caravan.
Each has a charge remaining display and both will still show 100% if
unused for many months.

Best electric shave I've ever had was from a mains only Remington
shaver with a proper 240v motor, cutters moved violently side to side at
50Hz.

These whizzy electric motors and cams (or whatever) don't have the force
(mass * acceleration) to undo my cave man look.

--
Adrian C