Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default rotted sill plate, maybe a dumb idea but...

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 17:02:15 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 2/29/2020 12:04 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...
That's right. I've got old stuff in the ground for over 40 years but
that contained now banned arsenic. I think now they have above ground
and below ground grades probably bases on copper additives.

It seems that most of the 'good stuff' has been banned.

I guess that Roundup (or its components) will be next on the list. That
or the lawyers will price it out of business.

* Did you know they spray wheat with Roundup just before it's harvested
? They call it "desiccation" and the objective is to dry the grain more
uniformly so the harvest is bigger/better . YOU EAT THAT **** on every
slice of bread , bite of pasta , anything with wheat in it (which is why
I make all our bread products with flour from non-treated wheat) . And
if you believe that Roundup/glyphosate is harmless , I have a nice piece
of Ozark oceanfront property for sale . I catch anyone on my property
with that **** I'll rip their arm off and beat them to death with it .
Roundup and neonicotinoid insecticides are the worst things you can use
around bees (we currently have 4 hives , with plans to double the hive
count this spring) and I'm glad I live far away from anywhere they're in
widespread use .* You've heard about all the insects that "ain't there
anymore" ? Those 2 chemicals are why . Just remember , food chains start
with insects ... and if we kill 'em all off , it's gonna bite us on the
ass .

Never seen it used on wheet. It IS used on Soybeans - particularly
those bound for industrial use