Posted to rec.woodworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Follow up for Inquiring minds

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 14:13:51 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Saturday, February 29, 2020 at 3:08:21 PM UTC-5, Hawk wrote:
In case anyone is interesting of closer photos and to see what I've been
indicating. It's actually a desk. It looks thick but it's hollow with a
bottom. I sawed the top part of the broken leg as I stated. You'll see
in photos the parts and how well they join together with barely a notice
of the break and I didn't even push them together hard nor glue it yet.

Thanks again for all te suggestions.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/182239...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/182239...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/182239...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/182239...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/182239...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/182239...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/182239...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/182239...posted-public/

As a reminder, if you sawed, then you removed wood. Not much, but probably
enough to make the desk wobble if you don't replace what you removed. Even
a thin disk glued to bottom of the leg might be enough, but I'm thinking
that you'll have to do something.

Often the simplest solution is to sand a kerf width off the end of
ONE adjacent leg Yes. the table will slope a WEE bit one way - but it
will not rock. Be sure to test on a DEAD STRAIGHT surface - ie - don't
compensate for a feviation in the floor, unwittingly!!!.