Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Silent wall switches

On 29/02/2020 16:21, Theo wrote:
alan_m wrote:
On 28/02/2020 10:36, Theo wrote:

It seems to me that older switches aren't as loud - this might be because
they're worn but some seem to have a softer touch, more sprung and
less snappy.

It could be what they are installed in - plastered solid brickwork or
plasterboard stud wall.

The wall can amplify or channel the sound, but the sound comes from the
switch itself. If you push it slowly you can feel the snap through your
fingers.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. A visit to CEF provided an MK Logic -
better, but still with an audible snap. I shall try some of the others.

(MK lose points for having a big embossed 'MK' logo on them between the pins
- I'm not sure why they need to advertise on the front at all)

Theo

The ones I bought about 7 years don't have any logos ?.

Mechanical switches will always have a bit of a 'snap'
to stop you closing them intentionally slowly and creating
an arc.