Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default fan belt

In article ,
T i m wrote:
The last car that I had that definitely had a viscous coupled fan was a
Volvo 240 which always gave a distinctive “roar” on start up from cold
until the coupling started slipping.

Whilst that makes sense on a PC fan to blow the dust out g, I don't
remember it happening on the viscous coupled fan on my 2L Sierra
Estate?

Some do that. Not sure if all. Seems to take a few seconds before the
drive sorts itself out.

But before that cold start, the fan can still be turned easily, engine
stopped.

--
*Confession is good for the soul, but bad for your career.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.