Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default fan belt

In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
I think we‘re generally agreed on that but it‘s not solely down to
efficiency (although I‘ll accept TNP‘s point about heat production at
idle), it‘s largely down to the size of the heat sink and emission
control mechanisms that prioritise getting an engine up to working
temperature quickly over cabin heating.

You'll need to explain that. A basic diesel may be slightly more chunky
than the equivalent petrol, but not by a big margin.

This is why some diesels have auxiliary diesel
fuelled heating systems.

That's because they take longer to heat up than petrol engines. ;-)

--
*Eat well, stay fit, die anyway

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.