Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Silent wall switches

In article ,
Theo wrote:
Most new wall switches seem to make a loud 'snap' sound when they're
pressed. Are there any ranges of electrical accessories which are quieter
or even silent?

It seems to me that older switches aren't as loud - this might be because
they're worn but some seem to have a softer touch, more sprung and
less snappy.

Of course you can try and operate a 'snappy' switch in a quiet manner by
pressing on it, but that's probably not much good for the switch.

I'd say you're right. Remember some damn near silent ones in the 60s.
Advertised as such. Not very pretty though.

I have touch dimmers that really are silent. Apart from the buzz, of
course. ;-)

--
*If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.