Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default fan belt

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
I don't remember ever having a viscous because I never had one. Maybe my
Opel Manta had one, but that was all. I went from things like midgets
and spitfires and the like to the Manta and then to a Vauxhall Astra and
jaguars. They were all electric. Maybe the XJS was viscous too.

It like mechanical fuel injection. Yes a couple of cars had it but the
transition from carbs to fully electronic was very fast.

Don't be silly.

First car I owned with a Sachs temperature controlled viscous coupling, a
S1 XJ6 on carbs. Last one, a BMW E39, made until the mid noughties. And
they were fitted to later models too. So a life of at least 40 years.

--
*Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.