Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default fan belt

In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
Cars haven€˜t had fan belts for years. Fans are all electric these days.

********.

Excepting folk who own ancient rovers and don€˜t understand the idea that
€for years€˘ = a very long time (but not an infinitely long time).

I may own an old car, but it isn't my only one. Can't quote my more modern
one as an example as it has a mid engine and front rads, so rather
difficult to have an engine driven fan.

Name a modern car with a fan belt.

They are not normally called that these days, as they drive more than just
a fan. Commonly a serpentine belt, as they can drive from both sides of
the belt, unlike the V design of most pure fan belts.

Apart from the BMC mini and variants, which had the rad
positioned to blow hot air into the neaside wheel arch,
did any FWD car have a belt driven fan in front of a forward
facing radiator ?.