Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default fan belt

In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
Cars haven‘t had fan belts for years. Fans are all electric these days.

********.

Excepting folk who own ancient rovers and don‘t understand the idea that
”for years• = a very long time (but not an infinitely long time).

I may own an old car, but it isn't my only one. Can't quote my more modern
one as an example as it has a mid engine and front rads, so rather
difficult to have an engine driven fan.

Name a modern car with a fan belt.

They are not normally called that these days, as they drive more than just
a fan. Commonly a serpentine belt, as they can drive from both sides of
the belt, unlike the V design of most pure fan belts.

--
*If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.