Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default fan belt

On Wednesday, 26 February 2020 07:23:48 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 25/02/2020 21:56, mm0fmf wrote:
If this just a fan belt make sure you have plenty of old tights handy.
Â* If its more crucial, then don't take chances.
Â* Brian

He doesn't wear them. Just his wife's panties.

shut it chebs....

can't believe using nylons as a temporary replacement ever worked...and
certainly not with modern flat grooved belts with tensioners on the
engine...

I used some rope one time, just tied it as tight as I could, there was no tensioner wheel. It slipped a lot but got me there. Nylons might perhaps have got the fan turning slowly, enough to make it overheat slower than no fan..

NT