Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default fan belt

On 25/02/2020 21:57, mm0fmf wrote:
On 25/02/2020 21:31, Tim+ wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Just realised the serpentine belt on one of my cars has covered 110.000
miles... is this normal?...it looks OK....think the reason I never
changed it was that the engine mount would have to be removed...stupid
design ....

Cars havent had fan belts for years. Fans are all electric these days.

Do you mean alternator/power steering pump belt or cam/water pump belt?

Tim

In your rush to be a pedant did you miss were he called it "the
serpentine belt" ?

do you keep a belt in your pickup chebs ....kinky