Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Further to the gate

On 21/02/2020 20:07, Andrew wrote:
On 19/02/2020 17:15, newshound wrote:
On 19/02/2020 15:44, williamwright wrote:
Me and the dog felt like a walk,

Only the great artists can immortalise themselves in their work; it
isnt a possibility for the common man.

Bill

Nonsense. Plenty of good stonework and carpentry left behind by
artisans, and obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Not so easy for many professionals. I'd argue that 60 years without a
significant nuclear power station accident in the UK is down to a few
thousand engineers and scientists.

Well there was one very near miss at Windscale, but luckily the
foresight of ONE man saved the whole area :-

https://www.khl.com/news/final-cockc...103263.article

1) it wasn't a power station reactor. It was a plutonium breeder
2) it was being run way above limits to get more bomb material in the
arms race.
3) No one was hurt or died later. The total radioactive release was very
marginal.

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)