Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Further to the gate

On 19/02/2020 23:46, newshound wrote:
On 19/02/2020 18:36, ARW wrote:

Do you will think anyone will notice this blokes work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXy-qJqhmVk&t=17s

Waterdale in Doncaster next to the new cinema they are building.

I spent a good few years in a lab / office constructed very much like
that. I watched it being built, with steel erectors putting up the frame
in a freezing January; and watched it being torn down with one of them.
My colleagues who were between 50 and 55 got ten extra years on their
pension if they "volunteered" for redundancy.

Bill fitted the TV distribution system in the flats at Waterdale. AFAIK
it's still in use to this day.

The LED floodlights I fitted for this sculpture on the band stand at
Waterdale in 2016 are still working. That's not bad going for 2016 LED
floodlights:-)

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk...me-ever-457549

--
Adam