Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Box joints for hanging cabinet

On 2/18/2020 4:41 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Tuesday, February 18, 2020 at 11:08:34 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 2/17/2020 7:20 PM, Robbie Brusso wrote:
Haha sorry for the confusion - I guess my concern is the cabinet floor (bottom of the cabinet). I've usually just used pocket holes and joined to the sides that way. However I wanted to use box joints this time. But then I started to wonder if glue alone would secure the bottom of the cabinet to the sides. If it helps at all, this is a wall mounted cabinet that will go above a toilet in a bathroom.

As long as you are "not" only using glue with a butt joint you should
have a relatively strong joint.

Normally the bottom fits into a dado on each side. And a face frame, if
you will be using that too, will add strength.

Don't you mean 2 face frames? ;-)

I doubt he is building how I do. :~)