Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris B[_2_] Chris B[_2_] is offline

Default Further to the gate

On 19/02/2020 15:44, williamwright wrote:
Maybe in a hundred years time
when the building is demolished someone will get a glimpse of a bit of
cable or something and say, I wonder what became of the cove who
installed that? Or, more likely, no they wont.* Only the great artists
can immortalise themselves in their work; it isnt a possibility for the
common man.

Well not formally immortalised but certainly not forgotten. I grew up on
a farm in the early 60s, with buildings dating back to early Victorian
era. When looking at a particularly old piece of a building my dad
would often comment "I wonder what happened to the chap who "banged that
nail in/fitted that hinge/made that lock" etc etc.

A habit I have found myself also doing.

--
Chris B (News)