Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default TV optical headphones

In article , Tim Lamb
wrote:
In message , Thomas Prufer
writes
On Wed, 19 Feb 2020 11:10:43 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

I need to buy a set of bluetooth earphones before taking this any
further.

Or buy earphones, headphones etc., nevermind the bluetooth. And these
may come with its own base that gets mains power, and also audio,
usually from a cable-with-plug that goes into a jack on the TV.

NB: if you wear hearing aids, there are "headphones" that don't have
loudspeakers, but an "induction loop", a wire that loops around the
neck. This then feeds into the hearing aid via the "telephone" input,
(inductive pickup rather than the microphone). This makes everything
more complicated, but once set up, it Just Works, and rather better than
the microphone.

I'm holding off hearing aids. Very little of what I do requires good
hearing and it doesn't hurt her to shout a little (or enunciate clearly
as requested).

good hearing aids do more than increase the basic level. They can be
frequency selective in the amount of amplification they provide. I get a
30db boost at around 3kHz.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England