Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Paste[_2_] David Paste[_2_] is offline

Default TV optical headphones

On Wednesday, 19 February 2020 09:45:59 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:

I think I need to rephrase the question to *would anyone care to
recommend bluetooth connected comfortable earphones for a geriatric?)

Sony WH-CH510, £40 from John Lewis, Argos, etc. Absolutely
brilliant. Comfortable for hours at a time, battery lasts for
35 hours on a charge, comes with appropriate USB-C charging
cable. You can get them in black, blue, or white if that is
important to you. I got white, although they are a very pale
blue/grey in reality and they set off my sartorial grace
beautifully.

I use mine for keeping my mind occupied on long walk where
they work very well indeed to block out road noise even though
they aren't noise-cancelling. They are the "on-ear" type where
padded ear cups press on the ear (rather than "over ear" which
are larger and envelope the ear completely, or those "ear buds"
which you cram right down the lug'ole and give you the ability
to develop infections). I tried many different headphones at the
displays in a few different shops and by far these were the
best. Other headphones in the price range either had notably
poorer sound quality, headbands which were too tight or too
loose, or a combination thereof.