Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Flooded Cars?..

In article , Andrew Andrew97d-
scribeth thus
The problem is, those cars aren't flooded with clean water, even though
it is from a river. The amount of fine mud and silt in the water
is what makes cleaning nigh on impossible because this infiltrates
all the seat fabrics and stuffing, the carpets, soundproofing,
everywhere.

Hence the news shots of people sweeping out a layer of sticky gooey
mud (and sewage) from flooded properties.

We used to supply handportable radios to most of the colleges in
Cambridge. The number of them that went into the river!!!!

If they were retrieved within a few hours and then washed out yes washed
and rinsed in distilled water and dried out well, they were usually OK
afterwards.

Much more than a day and they were well on their way corroding we did
once try an experiment of dunking one that had a serious fault into tap
water no damage after three days or so. The impurities and other stuff
its a wonder the fish live in there!.

As to sewage in houses a believe a lot of that comes up via the drains
that right or not?...

--
Tony Sayer