Don Young

Default please help...I am stuck!

Home Depot (and others) have electrical outlet boxes designed to be fastened
into drywall with clips on the sides. You would have to enlarge the hole for
the box. The plate you show would not atttach directly to the box but there
are plates available which will. Another possibility is to get the outlet
that plate fits and remove the metal strap from it. The strap could then go
behind the drywall with long screws securing it and the plate together. Tape
the strap behind the drywall if necessary to get the screws installed. Hope
this helps.
Don Young

"Apkesh" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I bought a home entertainment unit and just completed cutting
holes into drywall (2"x 2.5"), 'fishing' the wire through the wall
cavity. Unfortunately, I didn't take into account, for the panels to
remain well secured to the wall, I must cut the hole right next to the
frame. Instead, I just aligned it according to where the sofa is and
now I am having a hard time mounting just the plates alone with 2
screws (the drywall is chipping because of the small distance between
the hold and where the screw is going in!)

To give you a better idea, here's a pic of the plates I am using:

http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/...s/163172_4.jpg

Now that I've put the holes in the centre of the frame, is there any
thing I can do to make sure the plates remain secured to the drywall?
Is there any sort of brackets they sell for these kind of jobs? Please
help, I am a newby and just trying to learn from my costly mistakes
apkesh