zxcvbob

Default please help...I am stuck!

Tom wrote:
"Apkesh" wrote in message
om...

Hi, I bought a home entertainment unit and just completed cutting
holes into drywall (2"x 2.5"), 'fishing' the wire through the wall
cavity. Unfortunately, I didn't take into account, for the panels to
remain well secured to the wall, I must cut the hole right next to the
frame. Instead, I just aligned it according to where the sofa is and
now I am having a hard time mounting just the plates alone with 2
screws (the drywall is chipping because of the small distance between
the hold and where the screw is going in!)

To give you a better idea, here's a pic of the plates I am using:

http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/...lus/163172_4.j
pg

Now that I've put the holes in the centre of the frame, is there any
thing I can do to make sure the plates remain secured to the drywall?
Is there any sort of brackets they sell for these kind of jobs? Please
help, I am a newby and just trying to learn from my costly mistakes
apkesh

They do make a plate especially for this purpose. Has ears that swing out
to hold behind the drywall. Should be able to find them where they sell
the coax cable and phone wire at Home Depot. At least that is where they
are at Menard's. You can also buy an electrical outlet box that you mount
(has the ears) and then run your wires through that and use the plate you
bought but you would have to cut a bigger hole in your drywall.
Tom.

This is 110V electrical, or low voltage speaker wires and coax and
stuff? Let's assume it is 110V, because you can use the same thing for
low voltage. You want some kind of "old work" outlet box. My favorite
is to use a metal gang box with plaster ears, and clip it in place with
metal clips that look something like this:

|----
|---

You put one of the clips on each side of the box, behind the plaster,
and bend the tabs in to hold the box in place. The plaster ears keep
the box from falling back into the wall, and the clips keep the box from
falling out forwards -- together, they hold it pretty tight, but it's
easy to remove later if you ever want to.

clips, and use whatever kind looks the best to you.

Best regards,
Bob