Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Box joints for hanging cabinet

On Mon, 17 Feb 2020 17:20:40 -0800 (PST), Robbie Brusso
wrote:

Haha sorry for the confusion - I guess my concern is the cabinet floor (bottom of the cabinet). I've usually just used pocket holes and joined to the sides that way. However I wanted to use box joints this time. But then I started to wonder if glue alone would secure the bottom of the cabinet to the sides. If it helps at all, this is a wall mounted cabinet that will go above a toilet in a bathroom.

Use a dado. If the bottom lets go and drops Madame's whatever was on
the botttom shelf in the toilet you'll never hear the end of it. If
it bonks Madame on the head in the process you might wish you had
constructed a heated doghouse instead.