Apkesh

Default please help...I am stuck!

Hi, I bought a home entertainment unit and just completed cutting
holes into drywall (2"x 2.5"), 'fishing' the wire through the wall
cavity. Unfortunately, I didn't take into account, for the panels to
remain well secured to the wall, I must cut the hole right next to the
frame. Instead, I just aligned it according to where the sofa is and
now I am having a hard time mounting just the plates alone with 2
screws (the drywall is chipping because of the small distance between
the hold and where the screw is going in!)

To give you a better idea, here's a pic of the plates I am using:
http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/...s/163172_4.jpg

Now that I've put the holes in the centre of the frame, is there any
thing I can do to make sure the plates remain secured to the drywall?
Is there any sort of brackets they sell for these kind of jobs? Please
help, I am a newby and just trying to learn from my costly mistakes
apkesh