Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Adjusting hinged doors

On Mon, 17 Feb 2020 16:01:41 GMT, John Not.responding.@dotcom wrote:

snip

I still like the 'rising' bit of rising butts but at least they cover
the quick removal bit and the doors don't need tweaking to cater for
the rise etc.

The helix of a rising butt hinge - if neglected gets a bit messy with black
metallic sludge.

Your oven must be immaculate. ;-)

Less bearing surface than a multi leaf hinge.

Maybe and we have only been here 40 years so far (and I fitted the RB
as one of the first jobs I did while I was rebuilding it) and they
don't seem to have worn away yet, even on the lounge door that must be
opened and closed 10's of times every day.

I guess it's 'horses for courses' thing and I'd rate the advantages of
RB over traditional hinges sufficient to make them a must.

But then I live in a 120+ year old house where few things were
perfect, even when new. ;-)

Cheers, T i m