Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Phone service

On 2/16/2020 10:14 PM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
On 2/16/2020 2:47 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 2/15/20 3:42 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

[snip]

Â* Most have "effectivel abandoned" all the copper already. The "main
trunk" runs along the back of my property and to replace it would
require tunnelling through a LOT of tree roots (almost a mile, end to
end across numeous properties) All the "spare pairs" have been used
and they cannot provide me (along with numerous others) a "clean
line".

A noisy phone line was why I switched to phone service from the cable
company.

It was a fantastic day when I kicked the AT$T noisy phone line to the curb.

These clowns are still trying to sell 6 Mb pewverse service that was
barely adequate 20 years ago.

I have a long term dislike for them too. Several years ago I had a
billing dispute with them and it got so bad I almost took them to court.
When it got resolved I dropped their long distance service and dropped
their credit card.

I did continue with them with a business land line replaced by fiber.
In spite of it being a VoIP line they charged old land line prices
without long distance service, caller ID etc which required extra charges.

Verizon today with their FIOS internet still retains traces today of the
old AT&T telephone company mentality of being the only game in town.