Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default The last census?

On 17/02/2020 03:18, John Rumm wrote:
On 16/02/2020 17:27, Robin wrote:

snip

And it's not just a matter of pulling data together.Â* The various
sources mentioned aren't all high quality: e.g. HMRC don't have
/up-to-date/ addresses for all employees.Â* That's why the Citizen
Information Project planned in the noughties was going to be so pricey
- and still fall well short of a population register like the ones in
EU States (from memory all bar Ireland and Denmark).

That reminds me of a mammoth thread here about 15 years ago on the
subject of ID cards, and the difficulty getting some to recognise the
implications and dangers of a centralised register that would make just
this kind of data pooling and matching possible.

This one I think...

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...7akw%5B1-25%5D

(you need to get to probably about page 9 for the best bits IMHO - the
contributions from the late great Stefek Zabar in particular spring to
mind).

Interesting, thanks. And I can see some people here worrying when they
learn Dominic Cummings has sent a GDS team to Estonia )

--
Robin