Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Phone service

On Sun, 16 Feb 2020 22:36:55 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Feb 2020 22:14:38 -0500, Grumpy Old White Guy
wrote:

On 2/16/2020 2:47 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 2/15/20 3:42 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

[snip]

Â* Most have "effectivel abandoned" all the copper already. The "main
trunk" runs along the back of my property and to replace it would
require tunnelling through a LOT of tree roots (almost a mile, end to
end across numeous properties) All the "spare pairs" have been used
and they cannot provide me (along with numerous others) a "clean
line".

A noisy phone line was why I switched to phone service from the cable company.

It was a fantastic day when I kicked the AT$T noisy phone line to the curb.

These clowns are still trying to sell 6 Mb pewverse service that was barely adequate 20 years ago.

Up here Bell is "selling" high speed internet, TV and home phone -
not saying what they are "delivering"

The Telco does OK here if you are on fiber but copper is pretty much
stuck with 10-25mb internet only plus a POTS line that is virtually
free ($15) and has all of the calling services. (free LD, call
waiting, conferencing, caller ID, voice mail and a bunch of other
stuff I never use) If you like to talk long distance a lot I suppose
it is a great deal.