Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Sky Q and many channels at once - how does it work?

On 17/02/2020 00:50, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 17 Feb 2020 00:24:22 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

possible to combine the signals from terrestrial and satellite in the same cable.

Why on earth would you want to do that? I have an aerial and a Sky dish, I have a cable from each. I'd never have thought of trying to cram both signals onto one, then trying to split them at the other end. Sounds like a lot of hassle to me.

Depends how big the block of flats you are distributing such signals
to. ;-)

I have a quad LNB, A roof mounted UHF aerial and loft mounted DAB
aerial. I have a distribution box in my loft. 3 rooms get DAB/UHF and
satellite via 1 cable to each room. 1 of the rooms also gets a second
satellite signal via a second coax cable.

All this was installed before Unicable LNBs, boxes with FBC tuners and
wi-fi distribution around the house was common place.