Posted to uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Sky Q and many channels at once - how does it work?

On Sun, 16 Feb 2020 17:21:54 -0000, Andy Burns wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote:

How does Sky Q get several channels through one cable?

I can't but a fibre LNB can do that (well one fibre for signal an a coax
for power)

It does, Sky Q boxes can pick up 7 channels simultaneously, through only two cables.

When Sky HD came
out, we had to add a second cable to the dish to get two channels. But Q
does not need 6 cables to get 6 channels.

Q needs two coaxes, one for H polarized and one for V polarised, each
cable carries the entire 10.7 to 12.7GHz band, rather than selecting the
upper or lower "half" like a universal LNB does.

So better LNBs then.