Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default Led strip lighting - channel section & corners....

Tim Watts Wrote in message:
On 15/02/2020 15:37, Jimk wrote:
Have settled on a W shape design for some modest store room led
strip lighting.

8mm strip, ali channel to suit w opal diffuser etc...

Bought some L & T shape connectors on fleabay & now discovered
that the connectors won't fit inside the ali channel
?!?

I was going to mitre the ali channels for nice 90 degree corners &
hide the connectors inside... but can't with what I have....
unless I try & solder the led strips to each other with fly leads
:-( or??

Any pointers anyone?

TIA

I'd go for soldering. If you pre tin the led strip and wires, you can
just dab with the iron to connect once installed.

The clip IDC connectors can be a bit unreliable anyway, according to my
research - and may also be limited in mac strip run supported (current
limits)

Ah, intellisting, thanks Tim

--
Jimk