Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default Hire them back

On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 10:49:07 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 12:41:48 PM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 20:44:19 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 14 Feb 2020 13:25:32 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

Like Kellyanne Conway's husband says, it's a **** show within a dumpster
fire, or vice versa. I can't remember now and don't want to look it up.

It's interesting that he feels obliged to speak up. With so many people
complaining about Stumpie, one fewer wouldn't matter much, and it seems
he's endangering his marriage. Either she agrees with him (really hard
to believe, given what she says at work) or their marriage isn't worth
much (possible) or she's incredibly tolerant (which would by definition
be unbelievable).

I don't subscribe to the idea that a married couple needs to speak with one
voice on political matters. I commend the Conway couple for having the
courage of their convictions and for speaking up for what they believe.
Interestingly, Kellyanne used to say some pretty harsh things about Trump
before she went to work for him, but that's her option.

Disagreeing is one thing, but IDK how a marriage can survive a spouse
frequently blasting the guy the other spouse works for.

She's really good at taking a question and pivoting to something else
entirely. A typical husband/wife argument must be tough for George to win.

Another example of a high profile couple with visibly different political
views is that of James Carville and Mary Matalin. Those two used to shout
and argue like cats and dogs on TV, then presumably they'd go home together
in the same car. He's a Democrat while she's a Republican.

It's a bit different there. They are both political consultants, it's
the job of each of them to represent their clients.
George Conway is just a lawyer, it's not his job to work for the other
side. And AFAIK, neither of them worked for a president in office.

True, but that was the best example I could think of at the time.