Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Phone service

I am out in the country so it is either cable or whatever Windstream
(the telephone company ) offers. If I lived in the city I could get
the fiber. It is a small town of maybe 30,000 people . The local
government got on the band wagon at the start and the system is very
fast or can be if you want to pay for it, the fastest in the state. I
got a tour of the fiber building and it is impressive inside. They also
have 2 big generators that can power not only their equipment, but if
needed the emergency services of the county.

... small town of 30,000 ? Huh ?

We got fiber ~ 2 years ago - ~ 75 homes ..
en route to the town of 5,000. Yep.

John T.