Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Quality Light Fittings

"thescullster" wrote in message
Hi all

I am hoping to get fascias ands soffits sorted (by others) shortly.

The DIY bit will be replacing a couple of lights under an
overhanging extended porch type roof.

Although they will be protected, the two replacement fittings will
be exposed to the elements.
Is there a supplier out there whose fittings don't start rusting
and falling apart within a couple of years of installation?

Yep, those that supply a cast aluminium fitting.

But almost all of those come from china now
and the coronavirus outbreak means that
getting them can be a bit tricky currently.

I live at the top of a hill in East Yorkshire, but the place is
pretty well shielded by surrounding properties.