Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Automated_airport_weather_station

On 2/15/20 8:21 AM, dpb wrote:
On 2/15/2020 8:07 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 2/15/20 6:00 AM, micky wrote:

I thought this would interest you all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automa...eather_station

Â*Â*Â* Versions of these things are available for farmers to use for crop
monitoring.Â*Â* A farmer can use his smart phone to
check things and run his irrigation system accordingly.
They can use heating degree days to tell them when the crops are ready
for harvest.

While HDD may be useful, it certainly isn't enough to be able to
determine this on its own...

Â*Â* Wow,Â* how things have changed in the last 50 years.

Indeed, just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak...

I remember my dad grabbing 10 corn ears out of the field in
random spots. He'd throw them in the cattle tank and count the
floaters. That gave him an idea when to
get the corn picker going.