Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Nowell Lee Nowell is offline

Default Adjusting hinged doors

Hi All

I have a standard wooden internal hinged door. I have recently put a new floor down and when closing the door, the leading edge (i.e. handle edge not the hinge edge) rubs on the floor. Rather than take the door off and plane the bottom etc I thought that if I packed the hinge out a little it would kick that edge up and solve the problem. Only needs about 1mm. So I packed the bottom hinge on the door frame and that seemed to have the opposite effect.

Anyone know which hinge (top or bottom) I should pack and then where the bit that goes on the frame or the bit on the door?

Thanks in advance

Lee.