Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Roundup: Should It Kill Poison Ivy?

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 20:00:13 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 16:17:20 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 11:50:42 -0800 (PST),

wrote:

Both are good brush killer and effect for your front yard. if you are interested to know more about the different check out the he
https://www..bestroachkiller.com/ort...er-vs-roundup/

Weeds like poison ivy laugh at roundup. It may knock the leaves off
but it will be back. You are far better off with a Triclopyr based
product, preferably mixed with a "sticker".
Diesel works great. You don't need a lot. A little spritz will kill
weeds like PI dead. It is what we use on Brazilian peppers, air potato
and Ear leaf Acacia.

Even roundup works a lot better on poison ivy if you add a bit of
diesel as a surfactant

Roundup is still just a defoliant more than a systemic herbicide. That
is why you can spray it on your dormant zoysia grass in the winter.

A problem in discussing this is people just say Roundup without specifying what concentration. I mix it, generic, at 2% to kill common broadleaf weeds.. If I have poison ivy, which is not frequently, I mix it 5%. And it has a surfactant. It works. But if you have a lot of it, then a brush killer product is more effective and surer. It's also temp dependent. When it's hot, Roundup works extremely well and fast. If it's 45f, not as effective and takes much longer.