Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Phone service

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 17:27:04 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/14/2020 4:58 PM, A K wrote:
I have a landline and internet from Frontier.
My bill is $70 plus $18 more of taxes.
That's around a 25 % tax rate !!!!
I am also not happy that Frontier has a monopoly on land line service.
I could live without the landline, but I have to have it because I have
DSL.
Are there any cheaper options?
Thanks,
Andy

Depends on where you live. Chances are the cable company will give you
a much faster internet for that or less, especially the first year.
Fastest I ever got was 18 Mbs from DSL but Spectrum gives me 200 Mbs and
the first year it was $44. Land line is another $10 or so with free
NoMoRobo.

Wow - you live well !
I thought I'd died-and-gone-to-heaven when they ran
fiber to our tiny rural hamlet - no complaints at all about the
service, speed, or reliability but it's ~ $ 150. per month
for phone, TV, internet. Plus it's a small local company
to deal with - rather than a faceless mega-company.
We have very poor rural cellular - hence the fiber phone service.
... and it's part of a " bundle " package.
Prior to fiber, we had various separate sevices -
- cellular internet being the most expensive -
- forced into it when dial-up became totally useless.
.. but I still use that free ~ 12 year old router !
John T.