Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default 2 Hour time delay switch

My time switch has an override button which only lets it run for a
predetermined time in my case its an hour.
That has been installed for many years so I thought it might be standard
issue.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"simon mitchelmore" wrote in message
My friend is too scared to turn on the immersion heater during the day
because she is absent minded and only remembers its on a few days later and
so gets big bills. She'e on Economy 7, so its set for night time operation
but being a small capacity it sometimes runs out of hot water in the
afternoon.

Does anyone know of a simple button type switch I could fit for her which
could be preset for say 2 hours (ON), so she can hit it (to boost the hot
water) and forget it. I've already fitted a red indicator light in the hall
but this does not solve the problem.

I've seen similar device for communal lighting but they only work for say 5
mins.