Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A bit windy

In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Which model of car has them working when it rains after you start
up, with no action by the driver?

Freelander II. Wipers stay in the mode selected (off, auto, on,
fast). So left in auto they can trigger unexpectedly.

Yes. That's why I expected the arrangment on the cars I had with it
the norm. H&S often taking precedence over convenience. Although I'd
always switch off the wipers before stopping the engine anyway. Unless
you like them parked in the middle of the screen. ;-)

Wipers have long had an unswitched power feed to allow parking after
you€˜ve turned the ignition off.

Really? Again, which makes? I've not had that on any car. But my cars are
never new. ;-)

Definitely on my current car (8 year old Zafira) and my previous one
(2005 Focus).

SteveW