Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default delayed

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 16:51:45 +0000, Pancho wrote:

But yes, flu could mutate into an especially severe form. Hopefully
modern medicine would be better at handling a modern version of Spanish
flu.

Better at handling the secondary effects like pneumonia with
anti-biotics. Not sure modern medicine would be any better at dealing
with the virus itself. Probably depends on when and where it mutates
and how similar it is to something we already have a vaccine for. The
seasonal flu jab, is cocktail of vaccines for the three strains that
they think might be ones circulating in the coming winter.

I'm not sure how difficult it will be to develop a vaccine for nCoV.

The WHO are going for around 18 months... The problem is very little
money is likely to be made, so "big pharma" aren't really interested.
There is also the risk you spend millions on developing a vaccine
only to have good containment cause it to die out.

Hopefully if we can delay it arriving here for a year or two, we will be
OK.

The next few days to a week might be interesting...

--
Cheers
Dave.