Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A/C unit tripping electrics when it rains

On Thursday, 13 February 2020 17:44:48 UTC, quig wrote:
Cynic Wrote in message:

I'd hazard a guess there's a leaky weatherproof seal or a damp cobweb somewhere but given your apparent inability to differentiate between an mcb and an rcd I strongly suggest you get someone who knows what he is doing to investigate.

I did get an electrician to look at it. He took the cover off the
outdoor unit, but wasn't sure what the problem was.

Diagram:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...7ebc8f_o_d.jpg

Inside outdoor unit:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...6db68a_o_d.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...53ff19_o_d.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...ec3f74_o_d.jpg

Looks like a bunch of dust in there between electrics & case. I'd clean it but I don't advise you do.

What testing did he do? Isolate various bits & megger them? Or did he just literally look under the cover & give up?

NT