Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A bit windy

On 12/02/2020 19:48, Tim+ wrote:
Steve Walker wrote:
In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Which model of car has them working when it rains after you start up,
with no action by the driver?

Freelander II. Wipers stay in the mode selected (off, auto, on,
fast). So left in auto they can trigger unexpectedly.

Yes. That's why I expected the arrangment on the cars I had with it the
norm. H&S often taking precedence over convenience. Although I'd always
switch off the wipers before stopping the engine anyway. Unless you like
them parked in the middle of the screen. ;-)

I used to switch off with them vertical when in a car wash, but my
current and previous car both park(ed) the wipers when switching the
ignition off.

Many cars have a €śservice parking position€ť that parks the wipers
vertically for blade changes. On our Yeti (and I bet all VW/Audi/etc
variants), you flick the wiper stalk within a few seconds of turning the
ignition off.

Probably only for those cars where the normal park position is below
bonnet height though?

SteveW