Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default The last census?

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Problem with that line is they cant prove
that you were at that address that night etc.

In theory they might try claiming that you dont show up
on a census form anywhere, but I would then claim that
I wasnt in any house that night and that no census monkey
showed up where I happened to be that night and they
wouldnt be able to prove that I was lying about that.

Are the rules still that they want to know where people were on that
particular night (*), or did they change it some time ago to require a
person's normal home address, even if they happened to have been elsewhere
on that specific night.

(*) Which is how one of the Suffragettes was able to get herself recorded as
being in (a broom cupboard of) the Houses of Parliament in the 1910s.