Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default The last census?

On Wed, 12 Feb 2020 10:57:51 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

snip

Speaking of which, travelling home on the M1 yesterday and the gantry
speed limits ahead were on 50 (there's been a closed bridge off one of
the nottingham junctions, making the other junctions very busy at rush hour)

I slowed to an indicated 51mph (which is actual 49 or 50mph in my car)
by the time I went under it, but matey-boy in a van undertook me right
at the gantry and the camera flash went off ... hopefully the system is
good at discriminating which is the offending lane?

Was it just one camera for all lanes, in which case it might be down
to an operator looking at the road-markings or if a camera per lane,
then the cameras themselves (with support from the markings)?

Cheers, T i m