Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] is offline

Default The last census?

On 12/02/2020 10:57, Andy Burns wrote:
www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

The deception is with the implication that the
driving licence becomes invalid after 10 years which it doesn't.

Let's hope PC Plod doesn't have a SOH failure if you get stopped.

I'll find out as I have to go on a naughty-boy speed awareness course at
the end of the month and will take my OOD I.D. card with me.

Speaking of which, travelling home on the M1 yesterday and the gantry
speed limits ahead were on 50 (there's been a closed bridge off one of
the nottingham junctions, making the other junctions very busy at rush
hour)

I slowed to an indicated 51mph (which is actual 49 or 50mph in my car)
by the time I went under it, but matey-boy in a van undertook me right
at the gantry and the camera flash went off ... hopefully the system is
good at discriminating which is the offending lane?

Well... My speed-school offer was triggered by a local gantry camera.
I'm extremely careful when the "smart" speed limits are up and always
GPS and cruise control however 12:30 Christmas day no speed limit was
shown and in my stupidity I simply forgot about the camera.
The "new" and apparently ultra clever series 3.0 cams (2 x yellow boxes
mounted on the gantry supporting pole) triggered at 81 mph.

If the gantry was displaying 70 or national speed limit my attention
would have been drawn to the possibility of a snapshot but no such clue
was afforded.

The on-line evidence has sight-lines superimposed onto the pictures and
a circle around the numberplate of the vehicle that triggered the event.

There was also a picture taken from a camera several hundred yards
before the gantry showing what limits were being displayed (if any) at
the time the speed cam. was triggered.

I think they'll know who the culprit was.