Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default The last census?

On Wed, 12 Feb 2020 09:25:31 +0000, Jeff Layman
wrote:

snip

Nearly all the information available from a census is obtainable form
other sources (the birth, marriage, and death register is a good start).

snip

My Mrs just had to renew her driving licence (because she's nearly 70
I think). She had her old (paper) driving licence but that (and a
photo) wasn't good enough to be able to issue a replacement
apparently, so because she didn't have a passport or any of the other
acceptable ID related things, had to send an original birth and
marriage cert's.

I get why etc, but as has been mentioned, these agencies have enough
information on us anyway but 1) *they* requested of her she update her
licence and 2) she (or someone fraudulently) has just replaced her
paper licence with no photo with one with a photo licence (of them if
it was fraudulent etc). Was all that because a photo licence would be
more powerful as a form of ID (to a fraudster) compared with the old
type?

Cheers, T i m

p.s. I still have the green paper licence and believe it has been
refused as ID in some instances as it's not 'Photo ID'. I just enjoy
not having to replace it but maybe I could as I may not have that many
'every 10 years' (is it?) left. ;-)