Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oil boiler

On 11/02/2020 17:14, Gav wrote:
Hi my outside oil boiler is sooting up and locking out in bad weather,
could
this be because wind blowing around flue. had a service about month ago.
I can
get it going when I clean photocell but have to do this every other day.

High winds from the wrong direction can do it, but if it is doing it
more often than that or on first morning lighting then there may be an
underlying oil leak fault that needs attention.

If it is routinely locking out in normal weather then there is something
definitely wrong. It has been *very* windy just lately.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown