Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oil boiler

On 11/02/2020 20:21, Michael Chare wrote:
On 11/02/2020 17:14, Gav wrote:
Hi my outside oil boiler is sooting up and locking out in bad
weather, could this be because wind blowing around flue.

Yes.

had a
service about month ago. I can get it going when I clean photocell
but have to do this every other day.

It's very bad for boilers in these winds. Mine does te same
occasionally but oddly not when the wind is from the direction it has
been blowing from.

It would depend on the flue arrangements.

Of course. It is a ground level balanced flue exiting into what is
pretty much a wind tunnel between teh hiuse and a hedge, aligned NE/SW..