Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default A bit windy

The single glazing in the top-hung window in my South-facing bedroom
was noticibly bulging in and OUT during violent wind gusts
on Sunday.

Apart from a 15-minute period mid afternoon, when it chucked down,
we didn't have too much rain here, down south, but the wind
utterly demolished one neighbours 6x6 foot fence panels and snapped
all the 3x3 fence posts at ground level. Why people use 3x3 posts
for 6 foot high fencing beats me. Utterly shortsighted.

Meanwhile on the other side a similar run of fencing sitting in
metposts just bulged and vibrated like crazy but survived. It
was installed in 2014 using cheapo Wickes fencing panels.

Andrew

Suction probably. if a window is open in such a high wind perhaps.
It was certainly not the sort of weather to be climbing up ladders, and
there does seem to be a lot of reports of unsafe scaffolding during the day
yesterday. I mean anything that can large old trees has to be a force to be
reckoned with.
Brian