Posted to alt.baldspot,alt.war.vietnam,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Seaman 1c asks, "Why are long drill bits so hard to find?"

On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 19:38:25 -0000, KKKernal Corn wrote:

On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 19:25:55 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 10:37:48 -0000, KWills Shill #2 wrote:

You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40.
If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

Oy, you nicked that from my sig! Or did I nick it from you? Or did we both nick it from the same place?

He probably nicked it from you. Those infesting the Great Satan
invariably refer to it as 'duck tape'.

So do I (in the UK), it's a brand name used in everyday conversation, in the same way as I Hoover up, not vacuum.

In fact, this has become the leading brand of duct tape:
https://www.duckbrand.com/products/d...SAAEgKZn_D_BwE

I call them postit notes too, although that's copyrighted by the 3M company, and I buy them elsewhere at 10% of the price.